hi there, welcome to my humble abode
Wouldn't it be nice?
If we could get together.
--
the beach boys, 'wouldn't it be nice'
COMMENTS for entries will be under 'CHATBOX.' Hooooshaaaaaah!
I'm Sam. I'm very immature and young. I love Hot Pockets. Yumyumyummm.
Monday, February 9, 2009, 5:08 AM
You're insane, so insecure
I haven't blogged in a while, and I feel bad. I promised myself I'd keep up a journal, so I could get most of my feelings/ideas/stuff like that out.
Well, a lot of things have been going on lately. First off, I got a horrible grade on my last algebra quiz, half of our algebra class got split up, and my biology grade is slipping ever-so-slowly. To top it off, I have an Honors project, a DNA model (3-D, with a 360 degree-double helix), history quiz, probably a test coming up, a bio test on Thursday, and one of my best guy friends, who has always been there for me and everyone since the fifth grade, is leaving on the 19th of this month.
WOW, how utterly depressing, and dimming to one's self-esteem!
But I'm beginning to think outside the box. I'm beginning to become more responsible (albeit the wasted--NO, not WASTED! BLASPHEMY...just kidding--time reading FanFiction), trying to study hard to maintain that 4.0 I've had since the fourth grade, which is too hard to do. People have their expectations, and it's just too hard for me to meet sometimes.
Which leads me into what I really want to talk about.
My friends, lately, have been patronizing me with certain things.
I.E.:
"SAM, OMG, I THOUGHT YOU WERE SOOOO GOOD AT ALGEBRA!"
"I thought you're an A-student, why the heck are you getting 'this-that-whatevergrade'?!"
"Blah, blah, blah, you're so smart, blah, blah, blah."
AAAAAAAAH. Sometimes things like that make me want to tear my head out. I know they're being nice, I know they're giving compliments...but sometimes, I really don't feel the way they do. I don't feel smart most of the time, I consider myself normal.
Well, I'm not
normal, person-wise, but
normal intelligence-wise. Smart people don't spend their free time reading FanFiction. Smart people don't do this, smart people do that--AH.
The point is, stereotypes are giving me a headache. An Alice Cullen-major headache. *sigh* I didn't mean to throw in that
Twilight allusion, but I feel those kinds of headaches are painful. Ye gads.
If only I could read minds, then I could see how people
really think. That would make life
so much easier on so many levels.
And I'd love that.
Labels: twilight intelligence math science